Tuesday, March 19, 2013

031013: Rose Bowl

Late but I finally finished this after it's been sitting in my drafts lol

The Rose Bowl

 TV holders, one of the first things I saw when I walked in. I thought it was weird but they are cute if you want a zebra stand or a basketball one haha 

He made models out of microchips and pieces of cd's, not something I would ever see down in a San Diego swap meet so I thought it was interesting. I asked him to pose with his son, cute how he was there to help his dad out :)


The second to last picture is pieces of metal made into different types of art pieces, there were things like flowers and chairs from what I can remember. The last photo was a big vintage superman doll, I thought it was pretty neat but the woman trying to sell it to me was asking for $50..... & well HECK NO haha I mean it really was cool though and I think a picture of the toy was good enough. If you notice there's a cute little ET at the bottom right corner too :)

So on the 10th of this month I FINALLY got to go to the Rose Bowl Flea Market and it was everything I thought it would be. The only difference between this place and a regular swap meet is that it is more pricier BUT you can barter for a lower price so that is good too. I didn't really buy much because I honestly wasn't expecting it to be as pricey but looking around there were neat things to see. These are just a few things I found and even though my come up wasn't much I'm still pretty satisfied.


I wish I bought more because they had so many to choose from but oh well until next time!
1. Floral leggings. $5.
2. Space leggings. $5.
3. Vintage boots. $35. Justin. The shoe selection is INSANE, and there is almost every type of vintage shoe there but the key is finding one you like in your size haha luckily I was able to pick these up and they were a 5 1/2 which is odd because I'm normally a 6 1/2 or 7, unless I'm reading it wrong. They were originally trying to sell them to me for $45 but I didn't think at a used condition they were worth that much so I got the price  down to $35. The price is still kind of high considering the fact that the shoes are not new but I had to have them so I got them! :D 

I only took a few pictures, which is weird because I should have taken more of what the place is actually like but it totally skipped my mind -_- oh well, it was a good first time experience though. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment